(Price significantly reduced!)
Classic fast passage-maker. Lovingly maintained and fully equipped for offshore cruising. 2009 Westerbeke. 2011 sails. Pelagic Autopilot (2019). Cutter stay, lazycradle, windvane, watermaker, SSB, AIS, radar, solar, dinghy, updated electronics. Ready to go.
The Cal 36 is a fast-passage maker with a comfortable sea-kindly motion. Considered to be the little sister of the legendary Cal 40, she is stiff and has an easily driven hull form that performs extremely well on all points of sail. Running downwind, she doesnt have the same squirrelly tendencies of many IOR-era and wide-beam cruising boats and can be easily steered by autopilot in following seas.
Lai Holokai has been meticulously maintained, refit, and updated over the years. She is outfitted for coastal and offshore cruising, is set up to sail short-handed by one or two people, and has generous storage and secure sea-berths. There are custom features both below decks and on deck and all sail handling systems lead to the generous oversized cockpit. All the proper cruising and safety gear, extensive tools, and spares are aboard for the new owner.
(Search "Lai Holokai" on the web to find my website with more info.)
Key updates and features include:
● Repowered in 2009 with a new 30hp Westerbeke diesel and new transmission (470hrs)
● New suite of Ulman sails purchased in 2011: Main, jib and genoa (on Harken roller-furler), and asymmetrical spinnaker. (Older staysail, symmetrical spinnaker, drifter, and storm jib are also included.)
● Robust Pelagic tiller-pilot (2019) will steer the boat all day and night in strong winds and following seas.
● Flemming wind vane self-steering
● UK Sails lazy-cradle and lazy jacks (2019)
● 160 watts solar and new charge controller (2019)
● Icom SSB
● Updated electronics, including iPad chartplotter, AIS B, Raymarine wind instrument etc.
● Ideal windlass and 15kg Rocna anchor
● 9ft inflatable dinghy and new (2019) 2.5hp Suzuki outboard