Bruce Roberst Spray 40.
Hull Type: Full Keel center cockpit with interior ballast, Rig Type: Masthead Cutter
LOD: 40, LWL: 33 ft
Beam:, 15 ft. 4 in., SA: 1200 sq ft
Draft (max.): 4.5 ft.,
Displacement: 40,000 lbs, Ballast: 18000 lbs
Designer: Bruce Roberts, Raul D. Parker,Ethan Romans,
Builder: Ethan Romans,
Construction: Hull, Single Skin FG Hull, with 2 inch stiffeners and 2 inches of insulation between waterline and deck, Bal. type:Lead
Construction: Deck and Cabin, Strip planked vertical grain clear fir with epoxy glass over
AUXILIARY POWER (orig. equip.) Perkins, Model: 4.236
Water: 150 gals., Fuel: 200 gals.
a. Lofrans Tigris Windlass
b. 400 ft . high tensile 3/8 windlass chain
c. 44 pound Delta anchor
d. 20 pound Hydro-bubble anchor
e. 23 pound High tensile Danforth Anchor
f. 66 pound Lewmar Claw anchor
a. 12 V air cooled BD50 compressor
b. 7 cu ft. refrigeration box
a. The main house battery bank consists of six 6V 220 AH deep cycle batteries wired to produce 660 AH at 12V.
b. There is a separate starting battery with a battery switch so that the engine can be started from either the start battery or the house battery bank. The two systems are separate and each has its own alternator for charging.
c. The boat is equipped with a Xantrex 2500 inverter charger, with a link 1000 controller.
d. There is a 2KW water cooled diesel generator.
4. Winches: The main Jib sheet winches are four Barient 28s. (2) three speed self-tailing and (2) two speed self-tailing. The halyard winches are (2) Lewmar 17 self-tailing.
5. The dinghy is a 12 foot take apart Passage-Maker by Chesapeake Light Craft. The dinghy is equipped with a sailing package. The rig is a gunter rig with a jib. The Dinghy also is equipped with a 3.5 HP 4 stroke Mercury outboard. There are spars and a sail to convert the dinghy to a lug rig.
6. 6 man Viking offshore life raft (needs to be re-packed)
8. Up to date flares and all other Coast Guard required equipment
9. Hynautics hydraulic steering
10. Sitex autopilot